School Show Program
Matthews Playhouse offers weekday performances which can enhance and support the classroom curriculum. Live theatre encourages students to read, stimulates the imagination, strengthens problem-solving and critical thinking skills and adds to overall academic achievement and school success.
Available School Shows
2013-2014 School Group Pricing
- Weekday performances are for groups of 20 or more
- Cost is $6.00 per person (including teachers, parents & chaperones)
- Chaperones must be paid for with the school payment.
- Teachers please collect the money from parents/chaperones before the day of the show.
- Children under 3 are discouraged from attending. Anyone entering the theatre must have a ticket.
- Payment is due 2 weeks prior to the performance.
- Additional seats may be purchased by groups based on availability.
On Performance Day
- The theatre is located in the Matthews Community Center at 100 McDowell St. E. Matthews, NC 28105
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes before the show starts.
- Buses can drop off at the circular drive in front of the Matthews Community Center.
- After dropping off, drivers will need to park the buses across the street in the Stumptown Park parking lot. Buses will return 10 minutes before the end of the show to pick up the students.
- Each group has a pre-assigned seating assignment, so you must wait to be seated by an usher. Seats are assigned based on the date we received your signed contract. If your group has wheelchairs or special needs, please notify the office at least one week prior to your performance date.
- For problems or questions on show day contact us at 704-846-8343.
Book your field trip today for the 2013-2014 season!
If you have questions, please call or email Tarri Grover at 704-846-8343