Please submit an audition form AND sign up for an audition slot using these links.
You will need to complete BOTH parts below in order to audition.
Note: You will have the opportunity to attach an optional resume and/or headshot with the audition form.
We are not accepting any physical form submissions, only forms submitted through the website.
December 8-18, 2022
December 8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th at 7:30pm
December 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th at 2:00pm
December 11th at 6:00pm (HOLD)
3 possible daytime performances on December 14-16th at 10:00am
We are looking for:
o A diverse cast of adults, teenagers, and young people ages 8 and up and are open to non-traditional casting
o leading and ensemble roles
o young people and adults that sing and dance
● Please come prepared to read from the script
● Prepare 16 bars of music to sing - please bring sheet music - no CD accompaniment or
● Actors should plan to stay longer than their half hour allotted slot to allow time for a simple choreography combination
● Please come prepared to move or bring a change of clothes with you. Time permitting,
actors will be taught simple choreography combinations
● Generally rehearsals will be Monday - Thursday evenings and Saturday or Sunday
● You must be available for all performances
Additional Casting Information
Cast size: Medium, approximately 30
Cast Type: Children in Cast, Ensemble Cast, Featured roles, Showcases singers
Dance requirement: Standard (Musical Staging/Some Dance/Optional)
BISSETT (THE BUTCHER)
THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST
THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PRESENT
THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS YET-TO-COME
BOY WITH SLED
MR. PRINGLE (THE TOY SHOP OWNER)
MRS. PRINGLE (HIS ASSISTANT)
WINE MERCHANT, PUNCH AND JUDY MAN, BEGGAR WOMAN, CHESTNUT SELLER, ETC.
TRADESPERSONS, PHANTOMS, URCHINS, CHILDREN, BARREL-ROLLERS, PARTY GUESTS, APPRENTICE BOYS, BAKERY GIRLS, WINERY BOYS, ETC.
Scrooge! The Musical
Director - Paula Baldwin
Choreographer - Sarah Atwell
Musical Director – Harrison Baumgardner
October 4th & 5th, 2022
Room 204, Matthews Community Center
100 E McDowell Street
Matthews, NC 28105